Thursday, May 10, 2007

PART 2


We saw toys,all sorts of,purses, glittery stuff,accessories,handy stuff and more toys.its like toyland oly everything for free. We dint kno what to do. We did oly one thng which we cud think of. I divereted my grandma with cooking and complimentary talk and my bro tooksome stuff packed in our suitcase. We carried this installment business daily and one day the worst happened ,our grandma caught us,but instead of scolding she showed us new places where we cud fine more stuff.basically our uncle used to own shop which he gt rid off now after he gt into stock business.everyday became investing day ,we dint want to do nythng wrong. So we gt up on time had math sessn on time, foregone almost all the stuff except centurions and swat kats(btw I m eraser).Slowly our othr cuzns the twins dropped in along with some more cousins.
We used to have a ball.WE used to play tennis I was no good but all my bros tried to teach me a lot.then we made bow and arrow and played a lot.there were these fat tamil guys in next apartment and they used to make fun of our gang. Sometimes ppl snap and I did so once.i just hit them with my arrow and we all took off in gr8 hurry.Dint go out for like 3 days I think.Then there was this crazy lady downstairs we used to stare at.Then we used to maintain our grandmas garden daily and only once went with her to the most busiest market ever. I don’t remember much, I remebr I was pushed like hell and ya that’s it. We went to kishkinta, it was a gr8 place I had my fist Columbus ride, I was scared like hell and made to look after another kid.Hated every moment but seeing her cry, I think that was the first time when I did not cry inspite of so wanting to cry.My first brush with video games wen we went to that big video game place, I dontrember thename. But it was perfect. We manipulated our uncle to buy us more coins to play,manipulation meaning in the lowest form, by making big eyes and all that crap. Hehe. Then we went for ymca, the biggest swimming pool or something, I think I walked in water mostly, splashed it along, cudnt learn swimming bcoz I cudnt trust my bros theory of lfoating in water.
Everyone wanted in on everything.frm centurion characters t o fantasy items. We argues abt everything like hell hid everything sat on our suitcases wen elders walked in.Infact we dint ve time to talk to our parents either.Then they say u shld not wake a sleeping lion.Well my cousins did wake me up per se.They wanted one of my purses and they were like u re a gal u don’t need and snatched it from me. I warned thm I would tell to my uncle.They did not heed to me, they crossed their line and off I went .I don’t like to be dominated or nythng even if that meant I would go down with them.It was a long while ago I don’t remember what happened after that but I do remember I stil have that purse in my stuff and a lot of othr stuff which we hid in our secret compartment.so wenw e were busted me and prash ly lost like 30% of our stuff unlike others who stashed everything at a place.
Weird though, all the stuff that we lifted were never used.they are still hanging around unused and new.But whenever I see them when dusting around etc.; I think everytime I explore them like it’s the first time with same awe of fantasy.It was my wonderland.For me that summer was not just about hanging around, it was about independence,exploring,bonding and dare i add meticulous planning(he he) and our entry into crime world.There was something about me then ,that i m missing now, it cud be the fun, it cud be the living in the moment concept, it could just be ignorance i m nt sure, wat i m sure of though is
woh lamhe jo guzar gaye
phir kyun nahi aa jaaye
shayad woh lamhe yaad karne ke liye hi hain
jab hamara dil gumsum sa hain
i m getting better at this i guess.

1 comment:

V said...

nice blog bunny...kinda brought bak the old-sweet memories..makes me want to go bak to those days just one more time and relieve it all over again...just one more time

i still remember (rather surprisingly) about the prayer room..the crazy lady downstairs...milk booth on the corner...the summer games...ah those were the days..the wonder years